Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You Rock My World

You Rock My World debut at the top 10 in 15 countries

 It started with a leak on August 24th, 2001. And then two New York radio stations distributing the material. Had social networking existed on the web, the single might've been called off.

 A new millennium had dawned. It was prime time to prove his relevance to the 21st century. "You Rock My World" would proved that he still had it!


2. Album Version With Intro
3. Radio edit
4. Instrumental
5. Acappella
6. Track Masters Remix
7. Live

You Rock My World-The Short Film

 Throughout history, Michael has either been cherished, stalked, or victimized by a woman. Always one of those scenarios. Would it be a surprise to tell you he's on trivial pursuit of the woman of his dreams.

 This time around he ain't dealing with any street thugs but the mafia(even The Godfather himself). Seeing she's indentured, Jackson & Tucker stalk this gorgeous mistress into a bar. Longing to be released from her bondage, she looks at Michael with those eyes. Then does what only can happen in the movies.

 As with all his blockbusters, my first impressions aren't banging. But as it grew on me I pretty much enjoyed it(despite the desperate attempts at nostalgia). Nothing new to knock you off your socks. Except maybe a few scenes here or there.

 I did notice some signs of inducing a little bit of comedy. Something obviously lacking from his past films except Speed Demon;).

 If you remember the Godfather, I'll bet you'll get a kick out of this. Billy Drago and Marlon Brando are in there.

 However, I wasn't impressed by the seductive and flirtatious nature of this film. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no purist. Yet my strong personal convictions give me no other choice but to draw the line. I hope you'll understand.:)

Michael Jackson's Father Passes Away at 89!

 On June 27th, 2018 Michael Jackson's dad passed on from a bout of cancer. Although he was very rough with his children and yes abused t...