Sunday, May 18, 2008

Scream

Michael Jackson's Scream became the first single ever to debut at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100

 As I promised, today will be day one of our review on the "History Album...Which brings us to a smash hit single "Scream! With Childhood on the B-Side.

 Michael & Janet share their joys and frustrations together as brother and sister. Apparently, things still weren't ideal with their father. Add to the chaos the medias manipulatory tactics and you've got one heck of a frustrated fella! The deaf-defying base vibrations clearly symbolized the rage within. Michael's vocals sound very adamant and deliberate-Almost throat-parching. Although clearly not the case, the sirens and heavy machinery are reminiscent of a mid-90's urban street full of delinquents and rebels-Hyperactively dancing the fury away!

 Janet's producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis were hired as the executive producers. As a consequence, "Scream" went to uncharted territories. Making it the first to hit #5 for the Billboard Hot 100! I wonder where he keeps all his trophy's!

 As of yet, "Scream" is the most expensive music video ever made! Costing the pop singer approximately $7 million. That's without inflation adjustment! Who knows what the figure would be today(2008).:)

Scream-The Short Film

 Michael & Janet express in many ways the pain of how the media slanders, deciphers, and twists the truth and gets away with it. Michael is exceptionally furious on the medias unprofessional handling of the 1993 allegations.

 Michael has always had a field day with the tabloids. Weather it be Bubbles, The Elephant Man, or even taking female hormones, Michael Jackson fast became the King of Tabloids(or as they labeled him Wacko Jacko)-A title he is not proud of.

 So after the media had a heyday pointing the finger without anything to back them up, Janet joined his brother to let out the pain, the hurt, the tears-The pressure of the mediaplex.

 Justice is sacrificed for bureaucratic tape. The powers that be are what control society. This coupled with favoritism causes the walls to close in. And so they have no choice but to board an alien spacecraft-Something you would only find in a Sci-Fi flick.

 Michael and Janet express their feelings through creative channels such as dance and Pop Art. The anger they have towards their dad and The Press even gets a little vulgar at one point(though Michael himself did not say the F-word). The black & white atmosphere further brings home the stressful aura of losing your mind!

 Now I understand Michael and his sister were making a point(and they were rightly angry). But being a Christian, I felt it was inappropriate to go off the beaten path to get that message across.




Scream Lyrics

Michael
Tired of injustice
Tired of the schemes
The lies are disgusting
So what does it mean-darn it
Kicking me down
I got to get up
As jacked as it sounds
The whole system screwed up-darn it

Janet
Peek in the shadow
Come into the light
You tell me I'm wrong
Then you better prove you're right
You're sellin' out souls but
I care about mine
I've got to get stronger
Never gonna give up the fight

Michael
With such confusions don't it make you wanna scream
Your bash abusin' victimize within the scheme

Janet
You try to cope with every lie they scrutinize

Both
Oh brotha please have mercy
Cause I just can't take it
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make you just wanna scream

Michael
Tired of you tellin' the story your way
It's causin' confusion
You think it's O.K. darn it

Janet
You keep changin' the rules
While I keep playin' the game
I can't take it much longer
I think I might go insane

Michael
With such confusion don't it make you wanna scream
Your bash abusin' victimize within the scheme

Janet
You find your pleasure scandalizin' every lie

Both
Oh brotha, please have mercy. cause I just can't take it
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' with me
Make me wanna scream

Janet
"Oh my, can't believe what I saw
As I turned on the T.V. this evening
I was disgusted by all the injustice
All the injustice"
(Michael)
"All the injustice-tiss"

Anchor Man
"A man has been brutally beaten to death by
Police after being wrongly identified as a
Robbery suspect. The man was
An 18 year old black male..."

Michael
With such conclusions don't it make you wanna scream

Janet
Make you wanna scream! Make you wanna scream!

Michael
Your bash abusin' victimize within the scheme

Janet
You try to cope with every lie they scrutinize

Both
Oh brotha please have mercy. Cause I just can't take it
Stop pressurin me. Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin me. Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin me. Just stop pressurin me
Stop pressurin me. Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin me. Just stop pressurin me
Stop pressurin me. Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin me. Just stop pressurin me
Stop pressurin me. Make me wanna scream

--------------

Check out This Post for the "Scream" mixes!


Next: They Don't Care About Us!

Michael Jackson's Father Passes Away at 89!

 On June 27th, 2018 Michael Jackson's dad passed on from a bout of cancer. Although he was very rough with his children and yes abused t...