Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Off the Wall Review Pt. 3

 Today I will be reviewing side-B of Michael Jackson's "Off the Wall" album. If you didn't already, I'd recommend going through previous posts Off The Wall Review Part 1 and Part 2 if you haven't already.

She's Out of My Life


 After the deep Funky sounds of Side-A, Michael calms us down on a soothing balled about regrets over a lost lover. You can listen to She's Out of My Life here. In all actuality, this song was meant for Tom Bayer of whom had a painful divorce with the lead member of "The Carpenters".

I Can't Help It


 Stevie Wonder co-wrote this puppy-dog love song with Susaye Greene(one of the members of "The Supremes"). A mid-tempo post-adolescent Disco grove. Quite refreshing and innocent. I just love how he brought the music to life!

Check out my sister post I Can't Help It

 See what else this blind genius did while working with Emjay at Michael Jackson & Stevie Wonder.

It's the Falling in Love


 Written by David Foster and Carol Bayer Sager(who also wrote songs for the Monkeys). Although I'm not much for Disco myself, but he certainly carved out his own version of the genera! You will certainly be astonished by his vocal ability. If you are a Disco jockey, You will certainly be feeling this one! Just listen from my post It's The Falling In Love.

Burn This Disco Out


 On a closing note, Michael gives us another Disco-infuser. Very similar to "Shake Your Body On To The Ground". Rod Temperton of Heatwave composed it for him. Again Disco's not my think but Jackson did so well even I'm impressed. Go listen over on my other post "Burn This Disco Out.

 Well folks, there you have it. Next on our list, I'll be reviewing some "Off The Wall" album outtakes and eventually the Jackson's album "Triumph".

Michael Jackson's Father Passes Away at 89!

 On June 27th, 2018 Michael Jackson's dad passed on from a bout of cancer. Although he was very rough with his children and yes abused t...