Monday, March 10, 2008

Off The Wall Review Pt. 2

 The albums A-side leaves you Jazzed-up from a deep-dish Funky perspective. Starting with Caramel and candy and ending on a note which is truly "Off The Wall"! I will give a comprehensive review on each number below. Belonging to a group originally termed the A-Side(in the days when albums where split in two).

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

 Michael warms us up with a Disco-clad anthem about going all the way. At first, I thought it a protestant song. Until listening much closer between the lines. It appears he is more interested in sex(not dirty mind you). For a more thorough review, check out my sister post-Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough.

Rock with You

 A soothing smooth R&B mid-temple classic! With such outstanding vocals, It will truly make you feel like to "Rock the night away! To learn more about the track(and to hear it), visit my other post Rock with You.

Workin' Day and Night

 Now this has Rhythm I can most certainly feel! With a fabulous up-temple beat. Careful now. You might find yourself shrugging your shoulders. Go listen to it on my sister post-Workin' Day & Night.

Get on the Floor

 This is my all time favorite track from this album. Co-written by Louis Johnson the Bass guitarist. You will definitely get your groove on with this number! You can even hear Jackson almost rapping towards the end. Go ahead and listen to it here.

Off The Wall(Song)

 Finally, Michael closes on a playful note with a mellow-dance top-notch hit-"Off The Wall". You can almost hear a precursor to Thriller within the percussion. I like the way Quincy refers to this track as..."Da da da da da da da da" You can listen to it on my other post "Off The Wall(Single)".

 I've just finished the B-side on my 3-part series of "Off The Wall".

Michael Jackson's Father Passes Away at 89!

 On June 27th, 2018 Michael Jackson's dad passed on from a bout of cancer. Although he was very rough with his children and yes abused t...