Friday, March 07, 2008

Michael Jackson-She's Out of My Life

Michael Jackson's Forth Single To Reach #10 From The Off The Wall Album

 Right after three funky dance singles, we come to a more calmer Ballad with "She's Out of My Life". Written by Tom Bahler. Jointly overseen by Legendary Producer Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson-Soon to become a super legend well into the eighties!

 Tom Bahler and Karen Carpenter(yes, the same girl who formed "The Carpenters") divorced over a discovery he fathered another child not of their own. After rethinking what just happened. A very sad Balled welled-up from within.
The climax sums it up quite nicely...

"So I've learned
That loves
Not a possession
I've learned that
Love won't wait

Now I've learned
Love needs expression
It cuts like a knife
Cause she's
Out of my life..."

 Note when he say's "Damned Indecision". In no way is that meant as a swear but rather for it's intended purpose. The singer condemns himself over his self-absorption and unexpressed love which resulted in her departure.

Short Film

 We see a 21-year-old Michael devastated over the loss of a girl he "took for granted". Passing up all the opportunities to cherish and love her. Now held within the dark dungeons of loneliness. Michael Swallows his own pride as he tells the story.

 Out of necessity, Quincy let Mr. Jackson finish by how he interpreted the piece. No matter how many takes they used at the conclusion, Michael always seemed to break-down and cry.

U.K. Single

1. "She's out of My Life" – 3:38
2. "Push Me Away" (with The Jackson's)

U.S. Single

1. "She's out of My Life" – 3:38
2. "Get on the Floor" – 4:57

Listen to an alternate version Here


Lyrics

She's out of my life
She's out of my life
And I don't know whether to laugh or cry
I don't know whether to live or die
And it cuts like a knife
She's out of my life

It's out of my hands
It's out of my hands
To think for two years she was here
And I took her for granted I was so cavalier
Now the way that it stands
She's out of my hands

So I've learned that love's not possession
And I've learned that love won't wait
Now I've learned that love needs expression
But I learned too late and

She's out of my life
She's out of my life
Damned indecision and cursed pride
I kept my love for her locked deep inside
And it cuts like a knife
She's out of my life

Michael Jackson's Father Passes Away at 89!

 On June 27th, 2018 Michael Jackson's dad passed on from a bout of cancer. Although he was very rough with his children and yes abused t...