Skip to main content

Give Into Me

Michael Jackson further ventured into Hard Rock and Heavy Medal with his Give Into Me single

 Following in the footsteps of "Beat It" and "Dirty Diana", Michael Jackson would go on to do "Give Into Me". Another Hard Rock Heavy Metal hybrid.

 First it was Eddie Van Helen, then Steve Stevens, now Slash is invited to do a guitar lick with The King of Pop.

 On collaborating with his idol, here's what Slash has to say. "He sent me a tape of the song that had no guitars other than some slow picking," He said. "I called him and sang over the phone what I wanted to do. Michael just wanted whatever was in my style. He just wanted me to do that-no pressure. He was really in sync with me."

 Commemorating this line-up, Michael would release a single with all three numbers attached!

 In addition, his music video would feature Guns N Roses performing up on stage with the Gloved One. According to the pop star, "It was filmed for 2 hours in a warehouse at Germany".

Give Into Me-The Short Film

 Now for the video we have Jackson performing indoors on a rainy urban night down a dark alley. Within a mysterious run-down warehouse.

 I believe he was poking fun at tabloids of whom painted a man that hated his racial identity. Plus the often dubbed "Effeminate Man" he was so often labeled.

 Towards the end of the show, lightning strikes the building. Causing a protoplasmic malfunction that subtly transfers Michael Jackson into electricity. Which splits in all four directions.

Lyrics

She always takes it with a heart of stone
Cuz all she does is throws it back to me
I've spent a lifetime looking for someone

Don't try to understand me
Just simply do the things I say

Love is a feeling
Give it when I want it
Quench my desire
Cuz I'm on fire

Give it when I want it
Talk to me woman
Give in to me
Give in to me

You always knew just how to make me cry
And never did I ask you questions why
It seems you get your kicks from hurting me

Don't try to understand me
Because your words just aren't enough

Love is a feeling
Quench my desire
Give it when I want it
Takin me higher

Love is a woman
I don't want to hear it
Give in to me
Give in to me

You and your friends are laughing at me now
But it's
Okay
Yes it's
Okay

You won't be laughing girl when I'm not around
I'll be
Okay
And I
I'd never find
Gotta
Some peace of mind
Oh

Don't try to tell me
Because your words just aren't enough

Love is a feeling
Quench my desire
Give it when I want it
Takin me higher

Talk to me woman
Love is a feelin
Give in to me
Give in to me

Oh
Love is a feeling
I don't wanna hear it
Quench my desire
Takin me higher
Tell it to the preacher
Satisfy the feeling
Give in to me
Give in to me

I don't wanna
I don't wanna
I don't wanna hear it
Give in to the fire
Talk to me woman
Quench my desire
Act like a lady
Talk to me baby

Give in to me
Give in to the fire
Give in to me
Give in to me
Give in to me

Love is a feeling
Give in to me
Give in to me
Give in to me
Give in to me

Cuz I'm on fire
Talk to me woman
Quench my desire
Give in to the feeling

Demo



Instrumental Version

Acappella

"Will You Be There"(featured on Free Wiley) is Next.

Popular posts from this blog

Little Susie

Some believe this to be based on a true story. However, it's been more or less confirmed as a fictional tale. Partly Inspired by Gottfried Helnwein's artwork. Who is famous for his emotional imagery-Especially of children(in fact, Michael used his Lichtkind(Child of Light) painting to depict this song on The History Vol. 1 Booklet).

 In this tragic tale, Little Susie took her own life because of gross indifference to her well-being. One by one, her folks passed away. Father abandoned them, leaving mother and gram-father to wither in the grave.

 Years later, she was grafted into an unloving family. Though she was adopted, they did not take her in. Loneliness seeped it's cold dead fingers upon her tender heart. Until she couldn't bear it much longer. Although it was technically an accident. She subconsciously threw herself down the stairs to escape the pain.

 Although the story is clearly fictitious, Michael was proving a point. "Neglect can kill. Like a knife …

Jackson Family Tree

Let's get a closer glimpse on the roots of Michael Jackson. Who's family tree has come along way from the cotton fields of the south(never mind 2300 Jackson Street).

First GenerationMothers SideGrandfather1. Prince Albert Screws was Kathrine's father(sir-named after his old-man and Grandpa). Prince(a.k.a Blanket) was named after him.

2. His mothers name was Julia and his grandmothers name was Mary(Michael's Great-Great-Grandmother).

3. The families last name was changed to Scruse(previous name unknown) after leaving Alabama.

4. Prince Elbert was a World War 1 Veteran.

Grandmother1. Martha(a.k.a. Matti) Upshaw(later changed to Martha Bridgett

2. Bore Michael's mother Katherine. On May 4th, 1930.

3. Matti's mom is believed to be Josephine. In which Emjay received his middle name Joseph.

Fathers SideGrandfather1. Samuel Jackson(not the famous actor).

2. Born and reared as a farmer. Among an old sleepy town of Fountain Hill, Arkansas. In Ashley …

Invincible Session Outtakes

Here is an exhaustive list of all Invincible tracks that Either was sent to production hell or never quite made the list. According to Rodney Jerkins, there are a heck of a lot of finished outtakes from this session. Enough to fill multiple albums! So I lied. This is by no means an exhaustive list.:)

Fall Again Demo-I knew something spectacular was missing from his latest album! I Just couldn't quite lay my finger on it. I'm glad Michael took time away to be with his sick son. But this track fits in this session like a jigsaw piece. This beautiful Romantic Ballad was co-produced by Walter Afanasieff and Michael Jackson.

Beautiful Girl Demo-I can just see this on a soundtrack for a Romantic movie. Claiming top chart positions worldwide. But for unknown reasons, it was cut at the last moment.

 Michael Jackson and Tito both collaborated on an instrumental take which was also shelved.

The Way You Love Me-Sounds very much like something McCartney would do. With the elegant piano a…