Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Billie Jean 1982 Club Mix

 Also released on a Dangerous Era single is an early 90's contemporary re-work of Billie Jean-and a mediocre one at that.

 Yes, listening to Mr. Jackson's broken-up ab libs can induce you on the dancefloor in a night club(I guess that's why they have a radio edit). Not to mention, it sure beats The Underground Mix!

That being said, I'm not too impressed with Sony(and to be fair, MJ approved of it) using DJ's rather then Michael Jackson himself to dictate the layering of the mixes. For the amount of talent MJ had, I felt it was unnecessary.

 I mean being relevant is one thing. But I believe he bent too far a few times. Mainly on these side jobs.

 Now his albums were always made top notch. But that's a discussion for another day. For now, tell me what you think of this remix. Was I too harsh?

Michael Jackson's Father Passes Away at 89!

 On June 27th, 2018 Michael Jackson's dad passed on from a bout of cancer. Although he was very rough with his children and yes abused t...