Sunday, June 29, 2008

Speechless

 This could make a good soundtrack for Disney. With warm fuzzy feelings on Mary Poppins of the 21st century. With crisp acappella vocals that sandwich a beautiful climax!

 I always thought it as a love song. Very simple and innocent. Something obviously lacking in our day. Until one day I picked up an intriguing magazine to find this...

"I was with these kids in Germany, and we had a big water balloon fight. I was so happy after the fight that I ran upstairs in their house and wrote 'Speechless'. Fun inspires me. I hate to say that, because it's such a romantic song, but it was the fight that did it. I was happy, and I wrote it in its entirety right there. I felt it would be good enough for the album. Out of the bliss comes magic, wonderment, and creativity."

 So there you have it. Wish Lisa Marie could understand.:) That's how he gets inspired to love and write music. Through the art of playfulness.
"Speechless" will always be one of my favorites.

 This was one of many planned singles which never saw the light of day.





Next: 2000 Watts!

Michael Jackson's Father Passes Away at 89!

 On June 27th, 2018 Michael Jackson's dad passed on from a bout of cancer. Although he was very rough with his children and yes abused t...